也许天意如此，今天正是七月四日。你们将再次为自由而战，不是为了反抗暴政或迫害——而是避免被消灭。 我们为活着的权利而战，为了继续生存。 如果我们能够胜利，七月四日将不再只是美国的节日，而是世人一同宣誓之日： “我们不会束手就擒。 我们不会任人宰割。 我们要继续生存。 我们会渡过难关。” 今天，我们要庆祝我们的独立日！
- In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in this history of mankind. Mankind -- that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.
We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps its fate that today is the 4th of July; and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from annihilation. We're fighting for our right to live, to exist. And should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night. We will not vanish without a fight. We're going to live on. We're going to survive." Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!
Stephen Hiller (韦史密夫饰)[编辑]
- "Look, I really don't think they flew ninety billion light years to come down here and start a fight, and get all rowdy."
- "That's right! Thats what you get! Look at you! Ship all banged up! Who's the man? Who's the man?! Wait until I get another plane! I am going to line up all your friends right beside you!"
- "Welcome to Earth!"
- "Now that's what I call a close encounter."
- "I'm just a little anxious to get up there and whip E.T.'s ass, that's all."
- "Y'know, this was supposed to be my weekend off, but noooo. You got me out here, draggin' your heavy ass, through the burnin' desert, with your dreadlocks sticking out the back of my parachute. You gotta come down here with an attitude, actin' all big and bad... and what the hell is that smell? (kicks alien) I could've been at a barbecue! ..but I ain't mad."
- “我今天本来可放假的...但给你这只混蛋弄得没假放...还要用降落伞拖着你笨重的躯体...在酷热的沙漠上前进...他妈的这是什么气味? (踢打外星人) 我原本还可以去烧烤啊! ..但我不是疯子。”
Russel Casse (Randy Quaid)[编辑]
- "I picked a helluva day to quit drinkin'."
- "In the words of my generation: Up Yours!"
- "Hello boys, I'm Baaaack!"
- “外星人! 我回来了!”
Thomas Whitmore (Bill Pullman)[编辑]
- "Gentlemen! Let's plow the road!"
- "I'm a fighter pilot, Will. I belong in the air."
- "Isn't it amazing how fast everyone can turn against you."
- "Good morning.. Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world, and you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. Mankind. That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom...Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution...but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!"
- “各位早晨。在一小时内，这里的空军会与其他国家的军队结盟，你们将会进行人类史上最大规模的战争。‘人类’这个词，在今天将是新的意义，我们不再有偏见，我们团结一致，今天是7月4日，我们再次为自由而战，不是去推翻暴政、反抗强权、迫害、抓捕，而是为了人类的存亡。我们为人类存活的权利而战，无论如何一定要赢。7月4日这个日子，将不再只是美国的国庆日，也是全球的宣言，‘我们不会坐以待毙! 我们要决一死战!’。我们要生存! 我们要活下去! 今天在此庆祝我们的独立日吧!”
- "It's the real thing! A radio signal from another world!" - SETI工作人员
- "They don't let us out much." - Doctor Oaken
- "Let's kick the tires and light the fires, big daddy!" - Captain Jimmy Wilder
- "Two words mister president: Plausible deniability." - Albert Nimzicki
- "Our official position is: We don't have an official position." - Connie Spano