《肖申克的救赎》（The Shawshank Redemption）是一部根据作家史蒂芬·金作品改编的美国电影，该片获得1994年奥斯卡奖7项提名。
Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.
- 原文：The funny thing is, on the outside, I was an honest man, straight as an arrow. I had to come to prison to be a crook.
- [写于一本他挖空了用来放挖洞的岩石锤，并在他越狱当晚放进典狱长保险箱中的《圣经》上] “亲爱的典狱长：你说得对。得救之道，确在其中。Andy”
- 原文：[Scrawled in a Bible he hollowed out to make space for the rock hammer he used to tunnel through his cell wall, and placed in the Warden's safe the night before his escape] "Dear Warden; You were right. Salvation lay within. Andy"
- [信中] 亲爱的 Red，如果你读到这封信，说明你已经出狱了。既然你已不远千里来到这里，那么也许你愿意走得更远一些。你还记得那个小镇的名字吧？我非常需要一位好伙计来助我一臂之力。我会关注你的近况，并布好棋局等你。记住，Red。希望是美好的，也许是人间至善，而美好的事物永不消逝。我希望这封信能找到你，而且找到你的时候，你一切安好。你的朋友，Andy。
- 原文：[in a letter] Dear Red, If you're reading this, you've gotten out. And if you've come this far, maybe you're willing to come a little further. You remember the name of the town, don't you? I could use a good man to help me get my project on wheels. I'll keep an eye out for you and the chessboard ready. Remember, Red. Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. I will be hoping that this letter finds you, and finds you well. Your friend, Andy.
- 原文：They say it has no memory. That's where I want to live the rest of my life. A warm place with no memory.
Ellis Boyd 'Red' Redding[编辑]
- 毫无疑问，第一晚是最难熬的。他们会让你像刚出生时一样光着身子排队走，你得忍受除虱的鬼东西撒在身上带来的灼烧感和近乎失明的感觉，然后他们把你关进牢房，紧紧关上门时，你就知道这是玩真的了。眨眼间，整个生活都被毁了。你一无所有，除了余生的时间来思考。大多数新来的人第一晚都几近发疯。总有人会哭出来。每次都是。问题是，会是谁呢？我想这是个下赌注的好东西。我把钱赌在了 Andy Dufresne 身上。我还记得我的第一晚。似乎是很久以前了。
- 原文：The first night's the toughest, no doubt about it. They march you in naked as the day you were born, skin burning and half blind from that delousing shit they throw on you, and when they put you in that cell, when those bars slam home, that's when you know it's for real. A whole life blown away in the blink of an eye. Nothing left but all the time in the world to think about it. Most new fish come close to madness the first night. Somebody always breaks down crying. Happens every time. The only question is, who's it gonna be? It's as good a thing to bet on as any, I guess. I had my money on Andy Dufresne. I remember my first night. Seems like a long time ago.
- 原文：I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't wanna know. Some things are best left unsaid. I'd like to think they were singing about something so beautiful it can't be expressed in words, and it makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you those voices soared, higher and farther than anybody in a grey place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made these walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man in Shawshank felt free.
- 1966 年，Andy Dufresne 从肖申克监狱逃脱。人们只找到一件沾满泥的囚衣、一块肥皂、一把旧到不能再用的岩石锤。我曾认为用它凿通监狱的墙得花上六百年。老 Andy 不到二十年就做到了。
- 原文：In 1966, Andy Dufresne escaped from Shawshank prison. All they found of him was a muddy set of prison clothes, a bar of soap, and an old rock hammer, damn near worn down to the nub. I remember thinking it would take a man SIX hundred years to tunnel through the wall with it. Old Andy did it in less than twenty.
- 原文：Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.
- 原文：Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free.
- 原文：Every man's got a breaking point.
- 原文：Some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away，the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice.
- 原文：It takes a strong man to save himself，and a great man to save another.
- 原文：I find I'm so excited. I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border, I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.
- 原文：These walls are kind of funny like that. First you hate them, then you get used to them. Enough time passed, get so you depend on them. That's institutionalized.
- 原文：There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then. Then a young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? It's just a bullshit word. So you go on and stamp your form, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a shit.
- 原文：I guess it comes down to a simple choice: get busy living or get busy dying.
- 原文：His Judgment Cometh and That Right Soon.
- 原文：Salvation lies within.