當天名言是「金錢之所以比什麼都卑鄙、厭煩，乃在它甚至能給人才華的緣故」，並標稱其為費奧多爾·陀思妥耶夫斯基的名言，但是我查閱俄語維基語錄和英語維基語錄，均未有查閱得到相關佐證， 希望各位協助調查此名言是否是杜撰內容？如果是，或者無法證明來源，則希望各位提出其他名言對其進行取代。對於該人物頁面的名言，我已經添加了fact模板請求來源。--Rowe Wilson Frederisk Holme（讨论） 2020年6月7日 (日) 10:58 (UTC)
- @Rowe Wilson Frederisk Holme：goodreads上有这句名言“What is most vile and despicable about money is that it even confers talent. And it will do so until the end of the world.”--Xixshnsh（讨论） 2020年9月9日 (三) 17:10 (UTC)
- 感觉维基语录的“Category:主题 ”使用很混乱，沦为了一个普通的“Category”。
- 想将条目主题列表建成一个逐级分类的目录，最终链接到每个条目。当然对于如何建目录肯定有很多的分歧，希望可以在实践中完善，本人觉得目前维基语录条目较少，一个逐级分类的目录很有必要，很实用。--Xixshnsh（讨论） 2020年6月3日 (三) 10:24 (UTC)
- 確實如此，不過我個人比較希望用Category來取代「主题列表」，分類較一個單獨頁面似乎更易維護？另外主題類語錄頁面內容大多都是其他具體人物頁面的摘錄，資料冗餘相當嚴重但是似乎目前沒有甚麼好辦法。--Rowe Wilson Frederisk Holme（讨论） 2020年6月7日 (日) 10:52 (UTC)
- 那我就把“分类”链接到一个分类列表，把主要的Category及其分级列出来，这样主要的Category一目了然，编者也会对整个维基语录和常用的Category有个了解。主题列表就像现在这样，列出一些常用的“主题”。--Xixshnsh（讨论） 2020年6月8日 (一) 11:28 (UTC)
- 確實如此，不過我個人比較希望用Category來取代「主题列表」，分類較一個單獨頁面似乎更易維護？另外主題類語錄頁面內容大多都是其他具體人物頁面的摘錄，資料冗餘相當嚴重但是似乎目前沒有甚麼好辦法。--Rowe Wilson Frederisk Holme（讨论） 2020年6月7日 (日) 10:52 (UTC)
Wikidata descriptions changes to be included more often in Recent Changes and Watchlist[编辑]
2020 Coolest Tool Award Ceremony on December 11th[编辑]
2020年12月11日 (五) 15:48 (UTC)
Moving Wikimania 2021 to a Virtual Event[编辑]
您好. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. 请帮助翻译至您的语言. 谢谢您！
Wikimania will be a virtual event this year, and hosted by a wide group of community members. Whenever the next in-person large gathering is possible again, the ESEAP Core Organizing Team will be in charge of it. Stay tuned for more information about how you can get involved in the planning process and other aspects of the event. Please read the longer version of this announcement on wikimedia-l.
ESEAP Core Organizing Team, Wikimania Steering Committee, Wikimedia Foundation Events Team, 2021年1月27日 (三) 15:16 (UTC)
Project Grant Open Call[编辑]
This is the announcement for the Project Grants program open call that started on January 11, with the submission deadline of February 10, 2021.
This first open call will be focussed on Community Organizing proposals. A second open call focused on research and software proposals is scheduled from February 15 with a submission deadline of March 16, 2021.
For the Round 1 open call, we invite you to propose grant applications that fall under community development and organizing (offline and online) categories. Project Grant funds are available to support individuals, groups, and organizations to implement new experiments and proven ideas, from organizing a better process on your wiki, coordinating a campaign or editathon series to providing other support for community building. We offer the following resources to help you plan your project and complete a grant proposal:
- Weekly proposals clinics via Zoom during the Open Call. Join us for #Upcoming_Proposal_Clinics|real-time discussions with Program Officers and select thematic experts and get live feedback about your Project Grants proposal. We’ll answer questions and help you make your proposal better. We also offer these support pages to help you build your proposal:
- Video tutorials for writing a strong application
- General planning page for Project Grants
- Program guidelines and criteria
Program officers are also available to offer individualized proposal support upon request. Contact us if you would like feedback or more information.
We are excited to see your grant ideas that will support our community and make an impact on the future of Wikimedia projects. Put your idea into motion, and submit your proposal by February 10, 2021!
Please feel free to get in touch with questions about getting started with your grant application, or about serving on the Project Grants Committee. Contact us at projectgrantsTemplate:Atwikimedia.org. Please help us translate this message to your local language. MediaWiki message delivery（讨论） 2021年1月28日 (四) 08:01 (UTC)
Wiki Loves Folklore 2021 is back![编辑]
You are humbly invited to participate in the Wiki Loves Folklore 2021 an international photography contest organized on Wikimedia Commons to document folklore and intangible cultural heritage from different regions, including, folk creative activities and many more. It is held every year from the 1st till the 28th of February.
You can help in enriching the folklore documentation on Commons from your region by taking photos, audios, videos, and submitting them in this commons contest.
Wiki loves Folklore International Team
- 為啥要改？煩請說明理由。--Rowe Wilson Frederisk Holme（讨论） 2021年3月11日 (四) 19:55 (UTC)
- @Rowe Wilson Frederisk Holme：因為在維基百科、維基學院和維基教科書選擇語言內容的地方顯示的是「臺灣正體」，但維基語録顯示的是「台灣正體」。也我剛剛在維基教科書上提出了一個類似的請求，就這樣（b:MediaWiki:Variantname-zh-tw、b:Special:Diff/140339）被接受了。--TKsdik8900（讨论） 2021年3月12日 (五) 09:03 (UTC)
Wikifunctions logo contest[编辑]
2021年3月2日 (二) 01:49 (UTC)
- (つ°ω°)つ Tokisaki Kurumi，還請按照維基語錄:每日名言中的流程說明一下期望放在哪一天。--Rowe Wilson Frederisk Holme（讨论） 2021年3月11日 (四) 19:59 (UTC)
我曾在去年9月提報刪除, 後來因為多人反對, 我已取消刪除。
- 放弃删除是一大遗憾。Ohtashinichiro（讨论） 2021年3月16日 (二) 11:24 (UTC)
- 所以即使看着这条语录感到很不爽，知道编写者就是来打广告的，但并没有能删除的理由。不过看百科全书条目，51条参考文献中似乎没有能够证明关注度的参考来源（进一步讲，这51个参考文献中，要么是本人出版的内容，要么是其他人对本人的浅显的提及，均不符合第三方、可靠来源、深入介绍的要求，严格卡关注度的话，百科全书中“胡志颖”条目根本就不应该存在），是不是可以先给百科条目提删，等百科条目删掉之后再来删语录？--高文海（讨论） 2021年3月16日 (二) 12:41 (UTC)
我目前的想法是用Google來確認，若語錄中的內容可以用Google到其他網頁（不是原始來源的網頁版）有這部份的內容, 那就保留, 不然就刪除。在搜尋過程有發現胡志颖 Wise Words, 有些語句在此網站中可以找到, 但在其他網站中找不到的, 我也考慮刪除。
Global bot policy changes[编辑]
Line numbering coming soon to all wikis[编辑]
-- Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 2021年4月12日 (一) 15:09 (UTC)
- @Sayonzei：不留重定向移动试试，删除权限只有这种绕法。 EdwardAlexanderCrowley（讨论） 2021年4月19日 (一) 14:39 (UTC)
Timur Vorkul (WMDE) 2021年4月22日 (四) 19:36 (UTC)
Universal Code of Conduct News – Issue 1[编辑]
Universal Code of Conduct News
Issue 1, June 2021Read the full newsletter
Welcome to the first issue of Universal Code of Conduct News! This newsletter will help Wikimedians stay involved with the development of the new code, and will distribute relevant news, research, and upcoming events related to the UCoC.
Please note, this is the first issue of UCoC Newsletter which is delivered to all subscribers and projects as an announcement of the initiative. If you want the future issues delivered to your talk page, village pumps, or any specific pages you find appropriate, you need to subscribe here.
You can help us by translating the newsletter issues in your languages to spread the news and create awareness of the new conduct to keep our beloved community safe for all of us. Please add your name here if you want to be informed of the draft issue to translate beforehand. Your participation is valued and appreciated.
Wikimania 2021: Individual Program Submissions[编辑]
Wikimania 2021 will be hosted virtually for the first time in the event's 15-year history. Since there is no in-person host, the event is being organized by a diverse group of Wikimedia volunteers that form the Core Organizing Team (COT) for Wikimania 2021.
Event Program - Individuals or a group of individuals can submit their session proposals to be a part of the program. There will be translation support for sessions provided in a number of languages. See more information here.
Below are some links to guide you through;
Please note that the deadline for submission is 18th June 2021.
Announcements- To keep up to date with the developments around Wikimania, the COT sends out weekly updates. You can view them in the Announcement section here.
Office Hour - If you are left with questions, the COT will be hosting some office hours (in multiple languages), in multiple time-zones, to answer any programming questions that you might have. Details can be found here.
On behalf of Wikimania 2021 Core Organizing Team
Editing news 2021 #2[编辑]
2021年6月24日 (四) 14:14 (UTC)
SGrabarczuk (WMF) 2021年6月27日 (日) 01:19 (UTC)
Universal Code of Conduct - Enforcement draft guidelines review[编辑]
Please translate this message into Chinese, and start the discussion in the local, Thank you!
The Universal Code of Conduct Phase 2 drafting committee would like comments about the enforcement draft guidelines for the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC). This review period is planned to begin 17 August 2021.
Community and staff members collaborated to develop these draft guidelines based on consultations, discussions, and research. These guidelines are not final but you can help move the progress forward. Provide comments about these guidelines by 17 October 2021. The committee will be revising the guidelines based upon community input.
Everyone may share comments in a number of places. Facilitators welcome comments in any language on the draft review talk page or by email. Comments can also be shared on talk pages of translations, at local discussions, or during round-table discussions and conversation hours.
There are planned live discussions about the UCoC enforcement draft guidelines:
- Wikimania 2021 session (recorded 16 August)
- Conversation hours - 24 August, 31 August, 7 September @ 03:00 UTC & 14:00 UTC
- Roundtable calls - 18 September @ 03:00 UTC & 15:00 UTC
The facilitation team supporting this review period hopes to reach a large number of communities. Having a shared understanding is important. If you do not see a conversation happening in your community, please organize a discussion. Facilitators can assist you in setting up the conversations.
Discussions will be summarized and presented to the drafting committee every two weeks. The summaries will be published here.
Wikimedia Foundation Election 2021 is now stated[编辑]
Voting for the 2021 Board of Trustees election is now open. Candidates from the community were asked to submit their candidacy. After a three week long Call for Candidates, there are 19 candidates for the 2021 election.
The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees oversees the Wikimedia Foundation's operations. The Board wants to improve their competences and diversity as a team. They have shared the areas of expertise that they are hoping to cover with new trustees.
The Wikimedia movement has the opportunity to select candidates who have the qualities to best serve the needs of the movement for the next several years. The Board is expected to select the four most voted candidates to serve as trustees. This term starts in September and lasts for three years. Learn more about the Board of Trustees in this short video.
Vote now until August 31.
Below is some useful information about the election process.
- Learn more about the candidates
Candidates from across the movement have submitted their candidatures. Learn about each candidate to inform your vote. The community submitted questions for the candidates to answer during the campaign. Candidates answered the list of community questions collated by the Elections Committee on Meta.
Voting for the 2021 Board of Trustees election opened on 18 August 2021 and closes on 31 August 2021. The Elections Committee chose Single Transferable Vote for the voting system. The benefit of this is voters can rank their choices in order of preference. Learn more about voting requirements, how to vote, and frequently asked questions about voting.
Please help in the selection of those people who best fit the needs of the movement at this time. Vote and spread the word so more people can vote for candidates. Those selected will help guide the Wikimedia Foundation and support the needs of the movement over the next few years.
Thank you for participating 2021 Board election[编辑]
Thank you for participating in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election! Voting closed August 31 at 23:59. The official data, including the four most voted candidates, will be announced as soon as the Elections Committee completes their review of the ballots. The official announcement of the new trustees appointed will happen later, once the selected candidates have been confirmed by the Board.
6,946 community members from 216 wiki projects have voted. This makes 10.2% global participation, 1.1% higher than in the last Board elections. In 2017, 5167 people from 202 wiki projects cast their vote. A full analysis is planned to be published in a few days when the confirmed results are announced. In the meantime, you can check the data produced during the election.
Diversity was an important goal with these elections. Messages about the Board election were translated into 61 languages. This outreach worked well. There were 70 communities with eligible voters voting in this election for the first time. With your help, next year’s Board of Trustees election will be even better. MediaWiki message delivery（讨论） via MediaWiki message delivery（讨论） 2021年9月2日 (四) 04:52 (UTC)
The 2022 Community Wishlist Survey will happen in January[编辑]
- Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight
- Victoria Doronina
- Dariusz Jemielniak
- Lorenzo Losa
目前是以社群投票結果列出四名候選人，然而，他們仍未正式成為理事會的一員，候選人仍須經背景審查並達到 Bylaws 列出的標準。理事會暫定會在本月底正式任用新的成員。
Participate in the Universal Code of Conduct Roundtable[编辑]
The Movement Strategy and Governance facilitation team is hosting Roundtable discussions on 18 September 2021 at 03:00 UTC and 15:00 UTC for Wikimedians to talk together about how to enforce the Universal Code of Conduct . These calls are part of the Universal Code of Conduct project Phase 2 Enforcement draft guidelines review (EDGR).
Each session will last for 90 to 120 minutes and translation support for various languages will be provided. Also, sessions in specific languages may also be held depending on demand. Community members are encouraged to sign up in advance and add the topic to discuss during roundtable session.
For more information, please visit roundtable discussion information page at Meta-wiki. --MediaWiki message delivery（讨论） 2021年9月10日 (五) 04:29 (UTC)
Call for Candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting Committee ending 14 September 2021[编辑]
Movement Strategy announces the Call for Candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting Committee. The Call opens August 2, 2021 and closes September 14, 2021.
The Committee is expected to represent diversity in the Movement. Diversity includes gender, language, geography, and experience. This comprises participation in projects, affiliates, and the Wikimedia Foundation.
English fluency is not required to become a member. If needed, translation and interpretation support is provided. Members will receive an allowance to offset participation costs. It is US$100 every two months.
We are looking for people who have some of the following skills:
- Know how to write collaboratively. (demonstrated experience is a plus)
- Are ready to find compromises.
- Focus on inclusion and diversity.
- Have knowledge of community consultations.
- Have intercultural communication experience.
- Have governance or organization experience in non-profits or communities.
- Have experience negotiating with different parties.
The Committee is expected to start with 15 people. If there are 20 or more candidates, a mixed election and selection process will happen. If there are 19 or fewer candidates, then the process of selection without election takes place.
Will you help move Wikimedia forward in this important role? Submit your candidacy here. Please contact strategy2030wikimedia.org with questions.
Xeno (WMF) 2021年9月10日 (五) 17:06 (UTC)
Talk to the Community Tech[编辑]
As we have recently announced, we, the team working on the Community Wishlist Survey, would like to invite you to an online meeting with us. It will take place on September 15th, 23:00 UTC on Zoom, and will last an hour. Click here to join.
- How we prioritize the wishes to be granted
- Why we decided to change the date from November 2021 to January 2022
- Update on the disambiguation and the real-time preview wishes
- Questions and answers
The meeting will not be recorded or streamed. Notes without attribution will be taken and published on Meta-Wiki. The presentation (first three points in the agenda) will be given in English.
We can answer questions asked in English, French, Polish, and Spanish. If you would like to ask questions in advance, add them on the Community Wishlist Survey talk page or send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join online
- Meeting ID: 898 2861 5390
- One tap mobile
- +16465588656,,89828615390# US (New York)
- +16699006833,,89828615390# US (San Jose)
- Dial by your location
Movement Charter Drafting Committee - Community Elections to take place October 11 - 24[编辑]
Dear fellow Wikimedians,
This is an update from the Movement Charter process. We have closed the call for candidates on September 14 for the Drafting Committee and now have a pool of candidates with diverse backgrounds to choose from.
The 15 member committee will be selected with a 3-step process:
- Election process for project communities to elect 7 members of the committee.
- Selection process for affiliates to select 6 members of the committee.
- Wikimedia Foundation process to appoint 2 members of the committee.
- Communities elect 7 members
- This announcement is related to the community elections, which will take place in a time period of 2 weeks from October 11 to October 24. We look forward to a wide participation across the communities to create the committee to curate the writing of the Movement Charter. The Election Results will be published on November 1.
- Affiliates select 6 members
- Parallel to the election process, all affiliates asked to contribute as well: All affiliates were divided into eight geographic and one ‘thematic’ region (check the list), and each region chooses one person who will act as a selector for that region. These 9 selectors will come together to select 6 of the committee (from the same pool of candidates). The selection results will be published on November 1.
- Wikimedia Foundation appoints 2 members
- Finally, the Wikimedia Foundation will appoint two members to the committee by November 1.
All three processes will be concluded by November 1, 2021, so that the Movement Charter Drafting Committee can start working by then.
For the full context of the Movement Charter, its role, as well the process for its creation, please have a look at Meta. You can also contact us at any time on Telegram or via email (email@example.com).
Universal Code of Conduct Draft Enforcement Guidelines review still needs your ideas and opinions[编辑]
Hello, this is just a reminder that the Universal Code of Conduct Draft Enforcement Guidelines are open for review and comment. The Drafting Committee will start working on revisions and improvement in less than two weeks (October 17), so it is important that you give them your ideas and opinions soon!
There is now a short, simple version of the Draft Guidelines here to make your review easier. If possible, also help translate the short version into more languages!
We will also hold one last conversation hour on October 15, 2021 03:00 and 14:00 UTC.
On behalf of the Drafting Committee, much thanks to everyone who has given ideas so far. We hope to hear from more of you - the Guidelines will be much stronger if more opinions are included.
The Community election of Movement Charter Drafting committee is now open![编辑]
Voting for the election for the members for the Movement Charter drafting committee is now open. In total, 70 Wikimedians from around the world are running for 7 seats in these elections.
Voting is open from October 12 to October 24, 2021.
The committee will consist of 15 members in total: The online communities vote for 7 members, 6 members will be selected by the Wikimedia affiliates through a parallel process, and 2 members will be appointed by the Wikimedia Foundation. The plan is to assemble the committee by November 1, 2021.
Learn about each candidate to inform your vote in the language that you prefer: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee/Candidates>
Learn about the Drafting Committee: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee>
We are piloting a voting advice application for this election. Click yourself through the tool and you will see which candidate is closest to you! Check at <https://mcdc-election-compass.toolforge.org/>
Read the full announcement: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee/Elections>
Go vote at SecurePoll on: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee/Elections>
参考mw:Extension:FeaturedFeeds和mw:Extension:FeaturedFeeds/WMF_deployment,需要设置MediaWiki:Ffeed-qotd-page,MediaWiki:Ffeed-qotd-title,MediaWiki:Ffeed-qotd-short-title,MediaWiki:Ffeed-qotd-desc,MediaWiki:Ffeed-qotd-entry即可--Shizhao（讨论） 2020年7月29日 (三) 02:49 (UTC)
- 選舉結果已經公告。1018位社群成員投票選出七位委員：Richard Knipel (Pharos)、Anne Clin (Risker)、Alice Wiegand (Lyzzy)、Michał Buczyński (Aegis Maelstrom)、Richard (Nosebagbear)、Ravan J Al-Taie (Ravan)與Ciell (Ciell)。
- 諸運動自治體選出六位委員：Anass Sedrati (Anass Sedrati)、Érica Azzellini (EricaAzzellini)、Jamie Li-Yun Lin (Li-Yun Lin)、Georges Fodouop (Geugeor)、Manavpreet Kaur (Manavpreet Kaur)與Pepe Flores (Padaguan)。
- 維基媒體基金會任命二位委員：Runa Bhattacharjee (Runab WMF)、Jorge Vargas (JVargas (WMF))。